First Presbyterian Church of Waynesboro during Christmas

Our History

 

The First Presbyterian Church of Waynesboro was founded in 1760 with the establishment of a church on Briar Creek and another on Walnut Branch.  The present church grew out of the union of these two churches in 1812.  In 1974, First Presbyterian affiliated with the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) to remain true to the Scriptures as God’s inerrant Word, to the Reformed doctrines of grace, and to the Proclamation of God’s grace to all nations.  

 

Pastor Search

 

Pastor Logan Almy accepted a call to serve in Olive Branch, MS. While our search committee looks for a new pastor, our pulpit will be filled each Sunday with a reformed minister, such as men licensed to preach in our Savannah River Presbytery. Our presbytery is made up of 20 churches spanning from Augusta to Dublin to  Brunswick, GA.

thumbnail.jpg

Our Leaders

 

We are led by a team of elders: ​

  • Clarke Holtsberry

  • Tyler Torek

  • Billy Hopper, Emeritus

  • Les Peel, Emeritus 

  • James Petro, Emeritus 

 

Our Beliefs

 

First Presbyterian Church is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). We are committed to the Reformed Faith summarized in the Westminster Confession of Faith. 

 

 

               

Missionaries We Support

 

We have passion for the proclamation of the Gospel to all nations:

  • Martin & Elizabeth Antoon - RUF SCAD

  • Nathaniel & Anna Kristin Miller - RUF Statesboro 

  • Steve & Margrit Thompson - OM Vienna Austria (street workers ministry)

  • Jud & Jan Lamos 1826Network (MTW Europe) - Belgium

  • Calvin & Geeta - MTW Asia

  • Steven & Rachelle Smith - Abortuary ministry w/FPC Augusta

  • Aaron & Rachel Halbert - church planting Tegucigalpa Honduras